So, I thought an appropriate way to celebrate National Burrito day would be to make your own burrito. I don’t worry, I got you, a clear easier recipe that takes minimal effort.
- 80g salsa
- 1/2 kidney beans or black beans
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. brown rice
- 1/2 avocado – sliced
- 2 tsp corn
- 2 leaves of lettuce
- 1/2 medium fresh tomato – sliced
- 3 tbsp. red bell pepper – chopped
- For the filling: mix together half the salsa, beans and onion and mash slightly with a fork, leaving texture in the beans.
- Season the mix with salt, pepper and cayenne to your own taste.
- Fill each tortilla with half the bean mixture as well as half the rice, avocado, corn, lettuce, tomato and bell pepper. Make sure they aren’t too full so that you can still roll them.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla and roll tight so that the burrito is closed on all sides.
- Place them in a pan, seam side down and grill them over a medium heat until they are brown and crispy. Flip the burrito and do the same on the other side.
- Enjoy with some more salsa.
Also, don’t be afraid to not stick to the recipe, add all your favourites like guacamole, hot sauce, pesto, some chickpeas or cheese.