Happy Peanut Butter Lover’s Day!! Who doesn’t love peanut butter. I think there are very few of those who don’t come under the “lover’s” category. It seems to have become really popular more so over the past few years, or maybe that’s just me.
You can do so much with peanut butter. You can use it as a sandwich spread, as a dip, in a sauce, in a smoothie. It has so many uses and can pretty much be paired with anything. So I thought, let’s go a bit wild and make some peanut butter cookies.
- 220g of your favourite peanut butter
- 175g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 large egg
*you can also add some chocolate chips if you want to be adventurous with it.
- Heat the oven 180c/160c fan/gas 4, and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar and salt together in a bowl. Add the egg and mix until the mixture becomes a dough.
- Break off cherry sized chucks and place on the baking trays, giving each enough space to cook. Press the cookies down with the back of a fork to squash them a little.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until golden around the edges and paler in the middle. Cool on the trays for 10 minutes and then cool fully on wire racks.
- They can be stored for up to three days.