It’s the thing we all hate. The dreaded job interview. The prep, the process, the first impressions. It’s all very stress inducing. No one enjoys it, or finds it fun. But sadly it has to be done. I’m gonna try to be helpful, give you some tips and an idea of some of the questions that you should prepare.
The top 5 things any employer will look for during your interview are:
- that you can work as part of a team
- that you can demonstrate great communications skills
- that you have good leadership and management skills
- that you have good organisational skills and can work independently on your own initiative
- show that you are great at problem solving and reasoning as well as being creative
Tips on Making A Good Impression
- Good preparation
- Dress smartly
- Be early (at least 15 minutes early)
- Turn your phone off
- Ask questions
- Firm handshake
- Good, strong body language
- Take notes if needed
- Have a well written organised CV
- Speak clearly
Examples of Questions You May Be Asked
- Tell me about yourself?
- What do you know about the business?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- What is good customer service, in your opinion?
- Give an example of when you give great customer service?
- How would you deal with an upset customer?
- What’s your salary expectation?
- Why do you want to work here?
The best tip I was ever given is prepare. If your fully prepared, everything else is out of your hands. All you need to do is do your best! Good luck!!
Let me know if any of this post has helped you!!